Five Deep Stretching Routines: Full Body Care
Enrollment is open, self-paced and on-demand!
Scroll down for more info. Click the sound icon for audio.
Swipe or click the arrows to see all five practices.
$90 USD. One-year access upon enrollment. Open to new and returning Deep Stretching (previously named Myofascial Stretching) students.
By gently and slowly stretching the connective tissues of the body, you may improve your posture and sense of well-being, and experience a deeper connection with yourself.
By stretching fascia, you may experience relief, reduce deep contractions and pains, raise your healing potential and increase self-awareness.
It interconnects all the structures, muscles and tissues of the body.
In the Five Deep Stretching Routines: Full Body Care workshops we will work with the whole body, taking a holistic approach to:
• Stretch and balance all of the muscle chains
• Erase compensations to recover flexibility and mobility
• Work with the superficial and deep fascia, combining static (still) and dynamic (moving) postures to balance muscle tone
• Use simple tools commonly found at home, combined with different pressures and the weight of the body, to access deep tensions and release them
• Tonify and strengthen the body through simple exercises
• Integrate and coordinate all of these practices to experience a flow in movement and a healthy posture
• Release physical and emotional pains by doing all of the practices together with conscious breathing
• Recover energy
Through these practices, you can experience and enjoy many positive effects. With regular practice you can integrate these great benefits into your daily life.
• Provides an immediate sense of relief after one performs the posture
• Releases physical and emotional pains and tensions
• Improves your posture
• Increases flexibility and mobility of joints and spine
• Balances the muscle tone
• Helps to expand breathing capacity
• Increases the potential for self-healing
• Increases sensory awareness and the mind-body connection
• Deepens meditation practices
Tools needed are common household items such as: yoga mat, two tennis balls, folded blanket, and some simple inexpensive materials from sporting goods stores. Learn more by downloading this handout:
Equipment Needed for Five Deep Stretching Routines: Full Body Care.pdf
As a yoga practitioner herself, Nirmala uses some of the stretching postures before doing a yoga session to prepare the body in case there are contractions, pains or stiffness. Afterwards, you will feel an immediate release and stillness in the body and mind.
This will help to deepen your yoga and meditation practice. You can choose one or two practices and variate every day adjusting to your need and time.
We recommend trying our first mini-workshop in Deep Stretching, the Global Stretch. It is available on-demand from Amrita Virtual Academy. This is a great way to introduce yourself. We are sure you, like our many students, will love it!
Disclaimer: This course is designed for personal practice. It is not meant for teaching others. Amrita Virtual Academy declines any responsibility for anyone’s practice of the Deep Stretching exercises. Please consult with your medical practitioner before undergoing any holistic care practices. This technique is not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat
or cure any disease.
Pre-requisites: You must be able to sit, lay down and stand up. This course is not recommended for those with advanced malignancy, aneurysm, acute pains and healing injuries or fractures. For pregnant women, it is not advised to practice during the first three months of pregnancy. After the first trimester you can practice, but avoid the postures facing down and any compression of the abdomen.
This course content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional's instructions. Any additional safety precautions for a particular practice will be indicated in that video and its handout.