1. Releasing the Lower Back
Targets: Hips and lower back
2. Lengthening the Spine
Targets: The spinal column
3. Melting Joint Blockages in the Arms, Shoulders and Upper Back
Targets: Upper back
4. Head, Neck & Hip Care
Targets: Relationship between cranium and sacrum
5. Full Body Stretch
Targets: Systemic integration and deep emotional release
Workshop Series - Content Release Dates
Orientation - upon enrollment
1. Releasing the Lower Back - 2 weeks after enrollment
2. Lengthening the Spine - 4 weeks after enrollment
3. Melting Joint Blockages in the Arms, Shoulders and Upper Back - 6 weeks after enrollment
4. Head, Neck & Hip Care - 8 weeks after enrollment
5. Full Body Stretch - 10 weeks after enrollment
Resources & Closing Remarks - 12 weeks after enrollment
Review and Practice - Remaining 9 months after enrollment
I feel great!
Nirmala has always had a great interest to find a way out of the suffering and pain of the body and mind. After a few years practicing and teaching holistic methods, she realized that many deep tensions were difficult to reach and release completely. Through her personal search and experience, Nirmala found the Myofascial Stretching Technique supports and addresses these issues. Myofascial Stretching offers very deep stretches to the connective tissues of the full body. Deep Stretching is a holistic, conscious method with very positive and immediate results.
Can you explain the Five Deep Stretching Routines workshop series in more detail?
In the Five Deep Stretching Routines: Full Body Care workshops we will work with the whole body, taking a holistic approach to:
• Stretch and balance all of the muscle chains
• Erase compensations to recover flexibility and mobility
• Work with the superficial and deep fascia, combining static (still) and dynamic (moving) postures to balance muscle tone
• Use simple tools commonly found at home, combined with different pressures and the weight of the body, to access deep tensions and release them
• Tonify and strengthen the body through simple exercises
• Integrate and coordinate all of these practices to experience a flow in movement and a healthy posture
• Release physical and emotional pains by doing all of the practices together with conscious breathing
• Recover energy
What are the benefits of Deep Stretching?
Through these practices, you can experience and enjoy many positive effects. With regular practice you can integrate these great benefits into your daily life.
• Provides an immediate sense of relief after one performs the posture
• Releases physical and emotional pains and tensions
• Improves your posture
• Increases flexibility and mobility of joints and spine
• Balances the muscle tone
• Helps to expand breathing capacity
• Increases the potential for self-healing
• Increases sensory awareness and the mind-body connection
• Deepens meditation practices
What tools and materials are needed?
Tools needed are common household items such as: yoga mat, two tennis balls, folded blanket, and some simple inexpensive materials from sporting goods stores. Learn more by downloading this handout:
Equipment Needed for Five Deep Stretching Routines: Full Body Care.pdf
For those of us who already have a movement practice like yoga, could you explain how Deep Stretching can support a pre-existing movement practice?
As a yoga practitioner herself, Nirmala uses some of the stretching postures before doing a yoga session to prepare the body in case there are contractions, pains or stiffness. Afterwards, you will feel an immediate release and stillness in the body and mind.
This will help to deepen your yoga and meditation practice. You can choose one or two practices and variate every day adjusting to your need and time.
Are there any ways to sample Deep Stretching?
We recommend trying our first mini-workshop in Deep Stretching, the Global Stretch. It is available on-demand from Amrita Virtual Academy. This is a great way to introduce yourself. We are sure you, like our many students, will love it!
Are there any medical or safety precautions?
Disclaimer: This course is designed for personal practice. It is not meant for teaching others. Amrita Virtual Academy declines any responsibility for anyone’s practice of the Deep Stretching exercises. Please consult with your medical practitioner before undergoing any holistic care practices. This technique is not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
Pre-requisites: You must be able to sit, lay down and stand up. This course is not recommended for those with advanced malignancy, aneurysm, acute pains and healing injuries or fractures. For pregnant women, it is not advised to practice during the first three months of pregnancy. After the first trimester you can practice, but avoid the postures facing down and any compression of the abdomen.
This course content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional's instructions. Any additional safety precautions for a particular practice will be indicated in that video and its handout.